At California Skin Institute we are experts when it comes to treating aging skin and working with you to select the right treatment option that helps you meet the years of maturity gracefully, by utilizing treatments that create a youthful, but natural appearance. For example, one of the tools we’ve used very effectively is the Belotero Balance® dermal filler, which can tighten skin and reduce wrinkles with minimal discomfort and invasiveness.
What is Belotero Balance® used for?
Belotero BalanceAs we age, the skin loses its youthful appearance as the production of natural support structures, like hyaluronic acid, collagen and elastin protein fibers, diminish. Over time, this causes skin to lose elasticity, leading to fine lines, wrinkles and sagging skin. Belotero Balance® Dermal Filler is an injectable wrinkle filler that quickly integrates into your skin to temporarily reduce the appearance of facial wrinkles by infusing the area with hyaluronic acid. Once a California Skin Institute medical professional injected the filler, it will nearly-instantly plump up loose areas under the skin, which in turn diminishes the appearance of wrinkles.
Belotero Balance® Dermal Filler may be used in the following treatment areas:
- Smile lines*, also called nasolabial folds, which run from the sides of the nose to the corners of the mouth
- Vertical lip lines*, which form above the upper lip
- Corners of the mouth*, which can turn downward and give the look of a constant frown
- Marionette lines*, which begin at the corners of the mouth and extend down toward the chin
* Belotero Balance® Dermal Filler is indicated for the treatment of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds. * The safety of effectiveness of Belotero Balance® Dermal Filler for the treatment of dermal contour defects other than nasolabial folds has not been established in controlled clinical studies. The safety and effectiveness of Belotero Balance® use in the lips has also not been evaluated.
How Belotero Balance® Dermal Filler compares to other dermal fillers?
While Belotero Balance® Dermal Filler is made of the same material (Hyaluronic Acid) as several other dermal fillers, like Juvederm® and Restylane®, Belotero Balance® Dermal filler has unique properties that allow it to adapt within the skin for soft and even correction that looks highly natural. We have significant experience with injection techniques for Belotero Balance® here at California Skin Institute, and have continuously refined the methodology to minimize any discomfort and ensure that results look natural.
Further, the versatility of Belotero Balance® makes it strong enough to handle deep treatment areas such as nasolabial folds (smile lines around the mouth), as well as more delicate areas such as vertical lip lines (thin lines that appear above the lip line).
Treatments with Belotero Balance®
At California Skin Institute we inject the Belotero Balance® Dermal Filler using a very fine needle, to allow us precise targeting of problem areas and minimize discomfort. What many of our patients have come to appreciate about this treatment is that the unique formulation of ingredients works almost immediately to fill in your wrinkles and folds so you’ll leave your healthcare provider’s office knowing Belotero Balance® Dermal Filler is working for you. Not only are results with Belotero Balance® Dermal Filler nearly-instant, they are proven to last for about six months or more.
Belotero Balance® Dermal Filler makes an excellent wrinkle treatment for smile lines and folds because it:
- Provides soft correction for results that are even, smooth and immediate
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles and folds
- Is clinically proven to last up to 6 months or longer
- Integrates into your skin to provide a natural correction
What to expect
Treatment with Belotero Balance® Dermal Filler is a safe, simple procedure performed in our office at California Skin Institute in California. These quick treatments, which consist of injections with a fine needle, are often complete in just 30 minutes. After injection into the skin, the hyaluronic acid in Belotero Balance® Dermal Filler attracts moisture to the area, which instantly plumps the skin and smoothes out facial wrinkles.
With little or no downtime needed, you’ll likely leave our office and go right back to your regular routine – looking naturally more youthful and refreshed. For soft results that last, Belotero Balance® Dermal Filler is the natural choice.